Thursday - DT
Investigating Existing Board Games
Over the next few weeks you will:
- Experience working in a group
- Play different board games!
- Design your very own board games...
- Problem Solve
- Create your very own board game...
- Get marketing!
- HAVE FUN!
That's right... you get to play games all afternoon!
By investigating the pros and cons of existing board games, you should have a good idea about what makes a successful board game and which pitfalls there are to avoid...
Spend time playing a game thinking about :
- The rules
- How the winner is decided
- What you like
- What you don't like...
This is really about analysing what makes this game work...
Questions for discussion afterwards
- Do you prefer group games or 1v1 games?
- Do some games have rules that are too complicated?
- Are some games more likely than others to create disagreements?
- Do some games require a higher level of brain power than others? Is that a good thing?