- Hebden Bridge Christmas Lights Switch on 21st November 2019 at 17:00
- Y6 at Calder High for Transition Event 26th November 2019 at 09:00
Homework books will be sent out on a Friday and are expected to be back in school by the following Wednesday, as homework will form part of our Thursday learning time.
Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday with your child, for a test in class the following week. Spellings will be updated weekly on the website.
Spelling list for this week:
Your child has received a maths homework sheet for this week, we encourage them to discuss any misconceptions they have with an adult. Please speak to any of the year 3/4 teachers if you have any further questions.
Maths focus this half term:
- Multiplication and Division
Times Table Rock Stars: https://ttrockstars.com/
This half term the children have been provided with personal accounts for our new Times Tables scheme. Work will be set by teachers weekly for children to practice at home and in school.
Topic homework can be art based, written pieces, presentations, performances, food etc. Here are a few possible craft ideas to get you started...
- Gather stones and paint rainforest animal patterns on them.
- Search for leaves and identify them.
- Take pictures or draw the life cycle of a plant.
- Create animal tracks by drawing, printing or making imprints in mud.
- Whilst outside, close your eyes and imagine that you are standing in the middle of a rainforest. Write or draw to show what you imagine that you would hear, see, smell, taste or feel.
- Visit a local park and create some bark-rubbing art.
- Create a rainforest themed top-trumps game or word search.
- Design or create a new rainforest animal.
- Gather and paint leaves to create some leaf-printing pictures.
- Rainforest poster/ information sheet / leaflet