- SCHOOL REOPENS AFTER AUTUMN HALF TERM 2nd November 2020
- SCHOOL CLOSES FOR END OF AUTUMN TERM 18th December 2020
Monday - Science
Light and Shadows
We have now come to the end of our Science topic.
Test your self by answering these questions :
- Do objects disappear when there is zero light?
- Do all materials reflect light?
- Is the sun dangerous to our eyes?
- How are shadows formed?
- How do shadows change size?
Light is a type of energy that makes it possible for us to see the world around us. We need light to see. Light comes from different sources called light sources; our main natural light source is the sun. Other sources include fire, stars and man-made light sources such as light-bulbs and torches.
Our final activity for this half term is going to be to create our own light source!
Home made tea light holders
What you will need :
- A jar/glass
- Sequins/decorative items
- Battery powered tea light/tea light
- Simply decorate your jar however you would like. You might want to paint your jar, decorate with tissue paper, use glitter or stick on beads and sequins.
- Pop in your battery powered tea light/tea light and admire your creation!
Check out these for some inspiration!
Always make sure you have an adult helping you and never light a tea light on your own.
Check out these homemade lamps! Use the link to create your own.