- School closed until further notice 13th July 2020 at 00:00
- School closed until further notice 14th July 2020 at 00:00
Monday - Science
LO: To recognise plants are adapted to suit different environments
Adaptations are special features that allow a plant or animal to live in a particular place or habitat. These adaptations might make it very difficult for the plant to survive in a different place. This explains why certain plants are found in one area, but not in another.
Watch these clips...
Adaptation of plant life to extreme cold temperatures - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z8sjxnb
Rainforest Plant adaptations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Ib0-BlBKU
Today's Task: Choose from the following options
1) Research a plant from one of the environments discussed in today's lesson and create a fact file on how it adapts to survive.
2) Complete the plant adaptation matching activity below
3) Create your own plant and explain how it has adapted to suit its environment. Draw a diagram and label its features.