Thursday - PSHE
World Environment Day!
LO: Sharing responsibilities for protecting the environment in school and at home.
World Environment Day is celebrated every year on 5th June, since 1974. On this day, people are encouraged to do good things for the environment. These acts of kindness help to protect nature and the planet Earth.
Here are some activities you can do for World Environment Day!
- Recycle craft ideas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQxJ1yyTl5Q
- Up cycle some of your old clothes
- Get outside and observe nature, why not take some photos of what you find?
- Turn off all your technology for a day, have a break...enjoy the sunshine!
- You could sign up to support the Kids Campaign to 'Cool Earth' and receive certificate... https://kidsforsavingearth.org/programs/cool-earth-team/
- With the help of an adult you could litter pick in your local park to help the environment?
- Complete the '5 ways to help' poster using the template below
- Why not use all of those unwanted toilet rolls for some arts and craft (see below)
- Create an art collage of the world using recycled materials/rubbish
- Read through the Climate Change PowerPoint with a family member and discuss what you learn