Tuesday 12th January
This half term we will be learning about non-religious world views.
- What is special about each of these animals?
- What is special about humans?
- What can humans do that animals can't?
One thing that is special about humans is our ability to ask questions.
- What questions do you think these people might have when doing their job?
- How might the answers to their questions change the world?
Examples of questions that have changed the world:
- How can I cure this disease?
- How can I travel faster?
- How can I make the world a fairer place?
- How can I make sure there is enough for everyone to eat?
How did people answer these questions? What inventions did they come up with?
What questions would you like to know the answers to? (List 3 questions)
Ask an adult in your house what questions in life they would like to know the answers to, compile a list together. Which questions do you think are the most interesting? Do you think the easy questions or difficult questions are more interesting.?
Have a go at filling in the happy human symbol with all of the things you think makes a human special.
The Happy Human is a symbol many humanists choose to represent Humanism. It symbolises how much they value happiness and that they believe that we should celebrate what human beings are capable of.