- International Day of Peace Lunch - International Food Court 21st September 2021 at 12:00
- Halloween Special Lunch 21st October 2021 at 12:00
Good afternoon 5J,
Today, we are going to answer a question by investigating the hypothesis: does the length of our hand span increase with age? Below, there are a set of slides that outline the investigation and ask you to consider factors that might contribute to data you collect.
- To begin, there is a summary of the National Curriculum statements that outline what skills are needed to 'work scientifically' at Key Stage 2.
- This is followed by an 'odd one out' game to get you thinking like a scientist.
- Then there are the slides/PDFs to outline your investigation. This includes practical examples and questions you might want to consider whilst working.
- Finally, there are some resources that might help you to conduct your own research. This includes tables, a written example of the experiment and the images used in today's slides ready to print if you want to take a closer look!
As always, feel free to message if you have any questions.
The following resources for learning include:
- A table to print/copy
- Link to downloadable graph paper (if wanted)
- Task cards by year group
- Sentence stems (Years 3 and 4)
- Table of scientific terminology (Year 5 and 6)
- A written example of the experiment