How is your week? Have you been reading to keep yourselves entertained?
A purpose is to help people decide whether or not the book you have read would interest them enough to read it. Reviews are a sneak peek at a book, not a summary. Reviews can be across lots of different genres: Fiction, Non-fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, Mystery, Horror, Sci-Fi etc.
Can you write a book review for your classmates, recommending a book you have read recently? Either follow the template provided or write your own from scratch using the features of a book review below.
Features of a book review:
- Title and name of author
- Your opinion of the book. Whether you like it or not should be clear.
- Information about the book. Try and tell the reader what happens without revealing too much and spoiling it for them.
- What did you enjoy the most and why?
- Why did you not enjoy it? How could it be improved?
- End with a summary, would you recommend this book?
- Can you imagine the book you have reviewed does not have a cover and redesign a new one?
- Why not download the free ‘iMovie’ app that we use in class and create your own trailer for a book you have enjoyed reading?
SEND YOUR CREATIONS TO MR HOWES TO FEATURE ON THE DAILY NEWS!