- School closed until further notice 13th July 2020 at 00:00
- School closed until further notice 14th July 2020 at 00:00
Thursday - PSHE
The Colour Monster
During lockdown you will have experienced a lot of different feelings and emotions. Some days will have been great, but some days will not have been as fun! This story is about the Colour Monster who wakes up feeling very confused. His emotions are all over the place; he feels angry, happy, calm, sad and scared all at once! To help him, a little girl shows him what each feeling means through colour.
Watch the video below and think about the questions at the end of the story.
- At the start of the story, the Colour Monster is feeling confused. When have you felt confused? What did you do in this situation? What can we do when we feel confused in the future?
- In this story, yellow refers to happiness, red is for anger and blue is linked to sadness. Do you agree with those colour choices? Why?
Choose one of the following activities...
- Draw your own picture of the Colour Monster, labelling all his different emotions.
- The little girl puts the Colour Monster’s feelings into separate jars. Draw out your own jars and add things that make you happy/ angry/ sad etc.
- Write a prequel to this story. Where did the Colour Monster come from?
- Write a sequel. What adventures might the Colour Monster have next?
- Write a separate story about an angry Colour Monster or a sad one.