- School closed until further notice 6th June 2020 at 00:00
- School closed until further notice 7th June 2020 at 00:00
There are no right or wrong answers for the following questions.
- How do you think the boy felt at the start as he said goodbye to his tree house? How would you feel?
- Did you expect the tree house to be alive? How did you feel when he picked up the hat?
- How does the countryside and the city compare?
- How do we know that the little boy is not settled?
- Why is the tree house so disappointed when he finds the little boy's house?
- How does the boy feel when he sees the tree house again?
- Is it a happy ending?
Choose from the following tasks:
- Retell the story from the view point of the little boy or the tree house.
- Create a lost poster for the tree house.
- Write a diary entry written by the boy about him leaving/settling in to his new home.
- Design your own tree house and create a leaflet all about it. Think Airbnb!
- Write a newspaper article about a giant walking tree in the city!
- Create a comic strip to retell the story.