- Indoor Athletics - Venue TBC 29th January 2020 at 16:00
- Class 5/6 RH Assembly 30th January 2020 at 09:05
What's Going On?
Whats Going On?
We have lots of things going on this term including:
- Bonfire Lunch - Tuesday 5th November
- Forest School (Y3) - will begin on Wednesday 4th September for 3/4R & 3/4S. These sessions will continue every Wednesday afternoon until the end of the term. Children will require warm suitable outdoor clothing and shoes. For more information about Forest School Education: https://www.forestschools.com/
- Swimming (Y4) - will also begin on Wednesday 4th September for 3/4R and 3/4S. These sessions will continue every Wednesday afternoon until the end of the term. Children will require appropriate swim wear, a towel and goggles if necessary.
The Year 3’s have been enjoying Forest School this half term and have been very creative in the woods! As you can see, come rain or shine, it's been all hands on learning amongst nature, mud, tress and whatever else lurks underneath logs and stones! We have enjoyed taking part in lots of fun activities including: playing games, creating our own story lines and even making mud faces.
Stone Age Wonder Week
Throughout our Stone Age Wonder Week, we have enjoyed taking part in lots of fun lessons! In maths we became Hunter-Gathers and measured how far we could through our Stone Age spears. In English we read the story of the 'Stone Age Boy' and wrote postcards about what life was like in the prehistoric time. In Science we researched about fossils and learnt a lot about the animals and creatures that lived in the Stone Age, then created our own clay cast fossils! We turned our classroom upside down and drew our very own cave art and to top it all off we even built Stonehenge out of bourbon biscuits!
PE Kits Reminder
Our indoor PE sessions will take place on Monday (3/4S and 3/4H) and Friday (3/4R) afternoons this term, where we will be focusing on Gymnastics. Children will require full Riverside PE kit including: shorts, t-shirt and appropriate footwear.